Aaron’s Radio Show
Welcome, everyone, to Episode Ten. I know you have many places to find music; thank you for supporting this show; I promise to make the hour worth your time.
This episode is an eclectic mix of post-punk, grunge new-wave songs performed by women. The youngest song in the set is from 12 years ago; and the oldest song is from 43 years ago.
You’ve likely heard of most of the artists, but you probably haven’t heard all of these songs! I’m curious if you found a new favorite song in this show. Let me know in our FaceBook group or through the website comment form.
One song I highlighted in this show is How Much More by The Go-Go’s. As I mentioned in the show, the version I included is a highly-produced revision of the original recording of the song before the Go-Go’s had a major contract. After listening to the more polished revision, check out the original version. And, if you think you’ve heard part of the song before, it’s likely because you know Elvis Presley’s catalog! A chunk of the song very closely resembles (Marie’s the Name) His Latest Flame.
Please use the comment form below to share your thoughts about Episode 10. Did you discover a new song that is becoming one of your favorites? Did a song in this episode suddenly take you back to a time or event in your life? I’d love to hear about it!
- Malibu – Hole (1998)
- SuperVixen – Garbage (1996)
- Ready to Go – Republica (1996)
- Hanging on the Telephone – Blondie (1978)
- Promises – Cranberries (1999)
- How Much More – The Go-Go’s (1981)
- New Toy – Lene Lovich (1981)
- She Bop – Cyndi Lauper (1984)
- What You Waiting For – Gwen Stefani (2004)
- U+Ur Hand – P!nk (2006)
- My Happy Ending – Avril Lavigne (2004)
- Cities in Dust – Siouxsie and the Banshees (1985)
- That’s Not My Name – The Ting Tings (2009)
- That’s What You Get – Paramore (2008)
Aaron’s Radio Show has been licensed by ASCAP and BMI to include songs from their repertories in performances on this website.