Aaron’s Radio Show
EPISODE SEVEN – “Oh, Baby!”: First off, a shout-out to the one-and-only Jake Ralston for the great introduction! And a big thanks to James White (@jamescagewhite) for his high-energy start to each show.
Welcome, everyone, to Episode Seven. I know you have many places to find music; thank you for supporting this show; I promise to make the hour worth your time.
I’m calling this show “Oh Baby!”. It’s basically an hour of songs with “Baby” in the title. And no, I’m not expecting a baby. I do love babies, however … and I used to have two of my own, but they are both in their twenties now.
When I came up this theme, I thought I might have trouble collecting an hour of decent songs, but I found enough great songs for more than two shows. I’ve selected fifteen I think you’ll really like. Did I miss an obvious one? Let me know in our FaceBook group or through the website comment form.
As I was compiling this show, it struck me that the word “Baby” is used several ways in song titles: in regards to an actual baby; “Baby” as a simile for a baby’s behavior, and, most commonly as a term of endearment — which is how “Baby” is used on nearly all the songs on this episode.
You may notice a pattern in the playlist. I’ve grouped songs by style and groove. I’ve tried to include an eclectic mix of popular songs from different genres.
Please use the comment form below to share your thoughts about Episode 7. Did you discover a new song that is becoming one of your favorites? Did a song in this episode suddenly take you back to a time or event in your life? I’d love to hear about it!
Here is just a sample of the songs I considered for this episode, but which didn’t make the cut.
- Always Be My Baby – Mariah Carey
- Angie Baby – Helen Reddy
- Sweet Baby James – James Taylor
- (You’re) Having My Baby – Paul Anka
- Pretty Babies – Dishwalla
- Anybody Seen My Baby – Rolling Stones
- Babies – Kinks
- Baby Seat – Barenaked Ladies
- When Something is Wrong with My Baby – Sam and Dave
- You Baby – Mamas and Papas
- Baby You’re A Rich Man – Beatles
- Everybody’s Trying To Be My Baby – Beatles
- Baby Doll – DEVO
- Baby Blue – Badfinger
- Dream Baby – Roy Orbison
- Baby, I’m Yours – Barbara Lewis
- Baby – Justin Beiber (2010)
- Baby One More Time – Britney Spears (1999)
- Baby Love – Diana Ross & the Supremes (1964)
- Baby I Need Your Loving – The Four Tops (1964)
- Baby Baby – Amy Grant (1991)
- Rock Your Baby – George McCrae (1977)
- Baby Come Back – Player (1977)
- Ice Ice Baby – Vanilla Ice (2008)
- Baby Got Back – Sir Mix-a-Lot (1992)
- Give It To Me Baby – Rick James (1981)
- Baby I Love Your Way – Peter Frampton (1976)
- Don’t Worry Baby – The Beach Boys (1964)
- Beach Baby – First Class (1974)
- Baby Hold On – Eddie Money (1977)
- Baby Talk – Richard Thompson (1986)
Aaron’s Radio Show has been licensed by ASCAP and BMI to include songs from their repertories in performances on this website.