Aaron’s Radio Show
Welcome, everyone, to Episode Nine. I know you have many places to find music; thank you for supporting this show; I promise to make the hour worth your time.
This episode is a showcase of sixteen songs from the past twenty years, that have an upbeat pop music feel. I’ve tried to include some tunes that you’ve likely heard before, mixed with some you likely haven’t heard yet!
One song I highlighted in this show is Ex’s and Oh’s by Elle King. As I mentioned in the show, her Dad is Rob Schneider of Saturday Night Live fame and many Adam Sandler movies. (If you wanna catch a live performance by the pair, check out this cover of Roy Orbison’s In Dreams.) I described the song as being influenced and/or reminiscent of many artists including Dolly Parton, P!nk, Nancy Sinatra, Amy Winehouse, Elvis Presley, and even the The Smiths! Do you hear what I hear?
Please use the comment form below to share your thoughts about Episode 9. Did you discover a new song that is becoming one of your favorites? Did a song in this episode suddenly take you back to a time or event in your life? I’d love to hear about it!
- Smooth – Santana ft. Rob Thomas (1999)
- Miss Independent – Ne-Yo (2008)
- Down – Jay Sean ft. Lil Wayne (2009)
- Let Me Love You – DJ Snake ft. Justin Beiber (2016)
- Hung Up – Madonna (2005)
- Love You Like A Love Song – Selena Gomez (2011)
- Like A G6 – Far East Movement (2010)
- Don’t Let Me Down – The Chainsmokers ft. Daya (2016)
- Blinding Lights – The Weeknd (2019)
- Exs and Ohs – Elle King (2014)
- Dark Horse – Katy Perry ft. Juicy J. (2017)
- Don’t Start Now – Dua Lipa (2019)
- Sweet But Psycho – Ava Max (2018)
- You Need to Calm Down – Taylor Swift (2019)
- Cake By The Ocean – DNCE (2015)
- Tik Tok – Kesha (2009)
Aaron’s Radio Show has been licensed by ASCAP and BMI to include songs from their repertories in performances on this website.